Monday, August 25, 2008

Tai chi and Journaling

Lately all I've wanted to practice is tai chi. Don't get me wrong, I still like hitting the bag or practicing kempo as much as always, it just seems that I almost have a craving for tai chi. Maybe it's because I have some personal struggles going on right now and tai chi gives me more peace of mind or maybe it's because I tired my body out over the 30 days I did and now it wants something more mellow. Whatever the reason, I think this is a craving that I want to give in to. I've noticed lately that some of the parts I've been struggling with are now coming together. There's certain places in part 3 and part 4 that have always seemed really awkward to me and now I can actually flow through them and it feels good.

One of my goals for 3rd degree black is to complete 250 repetitions of my tai chi form. So far I'm doing well but I still have a long way to go! It's a pretty high number so it keeps me motivated to push myself. since I'm working on several goals simultaneously I've set up a few pages in my journal to keep track. I've chosen one page per goal and I'm simply entering each rep or hour depending on the scope of my goal. This helps me stay organized and keeps it very simple which is especially great for me because I easily lose count of how much I've done. Even in class I often lose count of what I'm doing, though doing all these push-ups have certainly helped me with that! Now I just walk over to my journal and put a tick on the proper page and off I go.

No comments: