
Yay, I did it!
I'm really happy today for obvious reasons. I saved all my push-ups till my training after work so I could do it all at once and really work up a sweat. I had a great workout. I went hard and pushed myself and beat up my heavy bag a bit which is always a good time. I was super pumped so even though I went harder than I do on the average day, it seemed relatively easy and fun. Another example of how my mind set changes everything.
Looking back I can't believe how the time flew by. It seems like I started just yesterday. On the other hand I've grown and learned so much about myself that I'm amazed it's only been a month. Although I may not train for 2 hours every time I will definitely continue to practice daily. I can no longer imagine what it would be like to go back to the way I used to do it which was very sporadic. I'm so glad I've done this project for many reasons. I feel healthier, I have more energy, I'm incredibly focused, I've learned a lot, I've developed more discipline, I feel good about myself, I've started a new habit, it's prepared me for China...the list goes on.
It's not just the training either, the journaling has helped me so much. I certainly didn't feel like blogging every day but I never regretted it once I did. It really helped me to stay motivated and to express what I was feeling and thinking. Several people have asked me whether I will continue to post daily. I can't guarantee that it will be every day but I definitely plan to continue where I've left off. So stay tuned!
Thanks again to everyone who encouraged and supported me. It means a lot and it helped me get through the bad days and keep pushing myself. It wouldn't have been nearly so much fun without you all! Thank you.
4 comments:
Brandi, you really are an inspiration to everyone around you -- throughout this whole challenge, you have pushed yourself and remained dedicated. I am always in awe of how much you can accomplish when you set your mind to it. It's great how many rewards you've recognized from even this short challenge. Your time spent in China will be really transformative.
Thanks for sharing that with all of us. Good Job. I would like to hear more about what your trip to China is all about.
Congratulations on reaching your goal! Well done!
Congrats on obtaining your goal! That's super-awesome! I'm amazed you stuck with it through the rough times and the good. China will be great!
Post a Comment