We finished bagua, yay! We learned the last part on Tuesday and on Wednesday for performance I showed everyone. I only made one mistake which is pretty good considering how new it is. I was ok with it. One of the staff of the school took a video of me, if it wasn't for the stupid internet firewall, I'd post it here. Maybe I can figure out a way around it. I'll try for next week.
I got a weird stomach thing a few days ago and have had a headache since then, perhaps a mild flu or I ate something yucky. Shifu talks a lot about knowing your body is weak before you get sick and preventing it but I'm still just at the point of getting sick and looking back and seeing in hindsight that I could have maybe done something to stop it. I remember on Tuesday being extremely tired but I just attributed it to being the end of the week. Maybe with more practice I can realize these things sooner. Overall though I am much more aware of what is going on inside me. I think it's partly just paying attention but also partly due to our internal training like meditation, qi gong, and tai chi developing greater sensitivity. It's really neat to see improvements like these, things that no one but me can notice.
No comments:
Post a Comment