Saturday, April 9, 2011

We started learning a new form this week called baji chuan. I'm not even sure what that means. I'll try to find out. It's a really cool looking form with lots of swinging forearm strikes and stomping. I was kinda worried about learning it actually, stomping is hard on my knees which have been feeling so much better lately. So far it's alright though, I'm a little sore but it's nothing that feels damaging to the knee joints, they haven't started collapsing on me unexpectedly again or anything like that. I guess they're still getting stronger and stronger. I wonder what will happen when we start running in the morning though, that was always the worst for me. Everyone is surprised we haven't started the early morning run yet. Last year by this time we were already about a month into it. It's seems pretty unlikely but it would be awesome if we just didn't do it this year, not only easier on the body but we'd actually be getting a full nights rest too. I imagine Shifu's just either forgotten to mention it, or he's holding back because the weather has been so weird and he doesn't want us to get sick. I'll just continue to enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: