Friday, July 23, 2010

Rain, rain go away already!

It's been raining off and on here for at least 2 weeks straight now. I've heard that large parts of southern China have flooded and there's no end in sight. Every time I check the forecast I see a weeks worth of little cartoon rain clouds in my future.

Not only does it suck training indoors when the school is at full capacity and there's no room for anything, it's so humid that you're basically standing in a cloud at all times. Usually before lunch I take my sweat-drenched training clothes and hang them up to dry for evening class(a little gross I admit but if you had to hand wash and hang to dry you'd stretch the laundry too). Now the air is so damp, they never get dry. I could leave them there for 2 days and they'd still be damp. Lucky for you guys, you're too far away to smell me!

At least it's only 30 degrees out instead of 40, I don't have to worry about sunstroke right now either. haha

Well other than that, all's well. I've been studying Chinese a lot and I'm happy with my improvement. In a few months when I'm finished with my audio lessons, I can start a new program for INTERMEDIATE speakers. oh la la.

No comments: