Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's getting to be harder and harder to blog. I've been using proxy sites to get through the chinese firewall to sites like blogger and facebook but now even those don't always work. Today I had to try 3 times just to get on this site. The UBBT website is completely inaccessable at this point. There's so many little things like this about living in China that can be really frustrating at times. Luckily this time we have internet in our room so I can keep trying. Last time we were here we had to use the internet cafe and if we wouldn't get on to our site, it was just too bad. We'd have to try again another day. On the plus side we found some hot chocolate mix here! It's not gourmet or anything but Mel and I both love hot chocolate so much that going without is a horrifying thought.

Training this week was pretty challenging. My body is going through a lot of changes and with the change, comes pain. I feel like my muscles are getting softer and more relaxed so I notice more the places where I am stuck. Like my tendons and joints. Tuesday I was really tired and I had shooting pains in my legs and a really sore right knee. It was a struggle to get through the last day of the week. Yesterday after class Mel and I went to get massages and though it was painful (and still is for that matter) I think it was a good idea. There is a group of blind men here that give really awesome acupressure massages. I'm pretty sure that because they're blind they have greater tactile sensation which is probably why they give such great massages. I'm really glad I went. I've wanted to try it for a while and I definitely needed some help with my body this week. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back in top form.

No comments: