I'm sorry I haven't written anything for a few weeks, our 4 day trip turned into a surprise 16 days and the firewall is a lot tougher to get through in Beijing.
Upon arriving at the train station we were informed that we'd be there for over 2 weeks instead of 4 days, someone either lied or there was some mis-communication. From there almost everything that could go wrong did. Everyday was incredibly stressful and frustrating. I don't want to go into details but suffice it to say that we were not treated very well and that I've never in my life witnessed a system so disorganized and inefficient. I've been told that it's just the way things are run in China and if that's the case, I hope I never have to do something like that again. It was a complete waste of time! Each day we spent 8 to 13 hours in a grey waiting room and practiced our part of the performance once or twice for about 15 minutes total. We could have done all of the rehearsing in our 2 week stay in less than 1 day. I was pretty miserable the whole time thinking about all the training I was missing out on.
I'm so happy to be back here! I did get to rest my body while I was away but my state of mind is a complete mess. I'm still having stress dreams and my emotions are all over the map. I hope that in a week or so I'll be back to my normal self.
Well, that's a very brief overview of what I've been up to lately. Beijing sucked but now I'm back and I just want to forget about it and focus on training.
No comments:
Post a Comment