I'm very tired and I have to get up very early so this will be a short post.
We started running at 5 am again since the weather is warmer. I really wish that I enjoyed this part of my day but the truth is that I don't. Getting back from a grueling run before daybreak and having 3 more classes ahead of me not including meditation is a disheartening feeling. I'm not the best runner in my class, I'm actually one of the worst, and I though I can make it to the end, it's a painful struggle every time. Music helps, thinking about something else helps, but it's not enough to keep the run from putting me in a bad mood at least until after breakfast. I really try to stay positive but that's so much harder at 5 in the morning. All I've been able to do so far this week involves NOT murdering anyone, screaming, or crying in the middle of class. My internal state is still in turmoil though. It's definitely something I need to change. Starting every day in such mental distress is neither desirable nor productive.
Any advice??
2 comments:
Maybe get up slightly earlier (I know the run is already REALLY early) to have a relaxing bath, or meditate. You could also do runs during non-prescribed times to get your skill up a bit. I miss you and hope you feel better about it soon!
I don't know if you know any strong grounding exercises, but doing them before bed will help your energy system fix what it needs to faster. This can be followed by a left over right, palms down on the solar plexus while laying, breathing in from the left and out the right hand to process emotions. If you don't already, you'll sleep like the dead.
Activating the kundalini line (crown to root) in the morning before the run is a way to draw in more energy. Yawning 'til you cry is also a way to release tired energy.
I came across something called tai chi running/walking, haven't practised it, but it seems sound in theory: use the skeletal structure of taiji to run, keeping the kunalini line intact and concentrating on the a breathing pattern.
I don't know if it's a possibility but you could also look into some ginseng mixtures that the local herbalists can make. I can't remember if they have that cordyceps sinensis mushroom there, but that helps with stamina.
Glad to know you're still learning awesomeness.
Post a Comment