I don't have a whole lot to say this week. It went by relatively quickly and yesterday afternoon as well as today has been really restful. I feel like I'll be fully ready to train again tomorrow. Shifu's birthday was a few days ago and we had a big dinner with cake and singing to celebrate. A lot of fun. He said he's really happy with my class overall. We're progressing more quickly than he expected and he's teaching us more and more than he was planning on. We started broadsword and it's a super cool form. We're picking it up a lot faster than we were able to at the beginning of the program which is encouraging. He said the biggest problems we have as a group are flexibility and stamina. I can see gradual improvements in my stamina but my hips aren't getting any less stiff. When it gets warm we'll do tons of stretching though and hopefully see some progress there.
We start running again soon, as soon as it warms up. I'm really not looking forward to it. I've had a much more positive attitude since the break and I think it's helping me improve faster but I'm concerned that my mood will go down the tubes when we start waking up at 5 to run again. It's generally the crappiest part of my day, I really can't think of a worse way to start the day training-wise. Not the kind of thing to put you in a good frame of mind for the rest of the day. I guess we'll see how it goes, maybe it won't be so bad. I can only hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment