Whew....Ok so last night Mel and I had a little going away party and invited a bunch of people to come out. There was a really nice turnout but I felt like I was able to spend some time with everyone. It was a really great night overall. A few of my friends got teary eyed when saying good bye and it made me feel a little sad. I've kind of been avoiding thinking about everyone I'll be leaving behind but it was right there in my face last night. Now I'm feeling a bit blue, I know I'm really going to miss everyone. I'm really lucky in that most of the people in my life are amazing and special. That's what makes this stuff so difficult. I'm really dreading saying good bye to my parents! I know it's going to be the hardest one of all and I'm probably going to cry like a baby. I feel sad not only for myself but there is also some guilt and sadness mixed in for moving so far away from them.
"Hey Mom and Dad, how about you support me in pretty much every way imaginable (short of carrying me around) while I go off to the other side of the world and follow my dream while leaving you here to fend for yourselves"...yeah I feel like a jerk.
China...I leave in 3 days and I'm excited, sad, nervous, happy, guilty, and a million other emotions all bundled up together.
No comments:
Post a Comment