Back in China.
I haven't written for a while because this website is blocked in China and I had to get around that and also get internet access in my room here.
Beijing was ok. We ended up having to stay for 2 more days than planned becasue we couldn't get train tickets until then. It was nice to slack off for a few extra days and get over the jet lag before hard-core training again. Mel and I both had 2 heavy suitcases each and I was soooo grateful that some friends came to meet us in Beijing and they helped us carry our junk. We brought a lot of stuff!
We've been in Wudang for about a week now and it's been really intense! It's really hot and muggy so even if you aren't training, you're hot and sticky all the time. On top of that our training has been pretty tough. I'm literally dripping sweat in every class. We do basics like kicks, stances, jumps, running, push-ups, the usual suspects, then we practice forms for about an hour. Same as before when I was here except that now the traditional class (3 or 5 year program) gets to do extra stuff on top of that like drilling forms, lots of jumping, burpees, really low stances, squats....a bunch of really hard stuff. I'm really glad we came a few weeks early, it's going to be difficult enough as it is.
Mel and I have our own room with a bathroom so we don't have to share with a bunch of smelly dudes. I think that's about it for special treatment though, Sifu is definitely not going to take it easy on us!
1 comment:
Hai friend how r u? i would like to discuss some yoga pose with u, u r welcome to my blog, thk
Post a Comment