Monday, July 20, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

So I leave Edmonton in 21 days and it's really starting to hit me. I'm finishing up all my unfinished business, making sure to spend time with the people I care about, getting rid of any stuff that isn't important,slowly packing things away, and getting ready for a whole new kind of life. It feels a little bit like I'm preparing to die, like I've been given 21 days to live and now I'm trying to squeeze it all in. I'm not feeling sad, just different, and it's made me think a lot about life and death lately. I realize that although I'm not afraid of dying, I have a lot to do before I'd feel ready for that. I have much to accomplish and many people to help before my time here is done. That's why I'm so grateful for the UBBT and for Sifu Brinker, without them pushing me, it'd take way longer to get these things done. The more goals I reach, the closer all the other ones appear. It's pretty cool.

1 comment:

Danielle Edge said...

I know exactly what you mean... except my countdown is at five days til total destruction ;)