Saturday, May 2, 2009

thanks

I read this really awesome quote once that I wanted to put in this post. I can't find it in my book now though so I'll do my best to paraphrase. Basically, it said that once you make a solid commitment to something in your mind, things start to fall into place. Doors open and opportunities present themselves. It is not enough to say it and yet have doubts inside. You have to be 100% committed. I've experienced this a lot with kung fu. I am constantly discovering new levels of commitment that at one time I would have thought impossible and each time I do, I receive all the tools that I need. Almost magically, it is made easier and more simple than it would have been if I'd been holding back.

Well that's the gist of it. If I manage to find the quote I'll include it later. It's much more eloquent than I am.

On a side note the tournament was today and everything went really well. I performed to my very best and I'm pleased with my success. I managed to scrape up a trophy for grand champion which is proof that lots of hard work really does pay off. Thanks to everyone who supported me. I'd write more but I'm on cloud nine right now and I really just want to sit outside and enjoy the sunset.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

omg Brandi that's awesome! So so proud of you right now... you rock!