Saturday, May 23, 2009

Test of Character


UBBT. Ultimate Black Belt Test.

What can I say, it is exactly what it sounds like. A true test of character. There are many days where I wonder what ever posessed me to take this on. I am working full time, training in 2, soon to be 3 different martial arts, and trying to organize several different projects. I'm moving to China in August so I have less time to complete a lot of my requirements and preparations for that to deal with too.

On the other hand I've progressed in leaps and bounds. Combined with my previous trip to China, I've progressed more in the past few months than I have in the past few years! I would never have done a lot of the training I'm doing now if I didn't have the test to motivate me. So I'm really glad that I agreed to this even though some days I question my sanity! I think I'll look back on this period of my life as defining the person I'm becoming. And I like that person.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love that photo of you -- your face has such a wonderful expression: serene, focused, powerful.

Jeff Brinker said...

Your focus and drive during your journey has been inspiring to all of us.

Sifu Beckett Sr. said...

As your mother I am ridicously proud of you and all that you have accomplished, on the other hand sometimes I wonder how such an amazing person could be born to someone as ordinary as I am. You are an incredible young woman ... I am totally aware of how blessed your Dad and I are to have you in our lives.