I know that when training as hard as I've been, eventually some kind of injury will pop up. Mine is a strained pectoral muscle on the right side. It's not that painful, unless I do push-ups. I imagine that I injured it by doing push-ups every day. I don't remember a particular incident, it's just been steadily getting worse for about 2 weeks now. Well I took a day off push-ups and I'm still taking it easy by doing less reps more often. I try to position my arms so that they're doing all the work instead of my chest. I'm not sure what else I can do. I know that I need to give it time to heal but I don't want to get too far behind on my push-ups either.
So I guess I'll just play it by ear and take it easy in the meantime. Any tips from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Should I take more time off?
2 comments:
I have been doing my push ups every other day for the past month and I like it. I have reduced my muscle strain and I think that I am actually building more muscle because of the rest day. I do 300 push ups every other day and on my "rest" day, I do 300 sit ups. It has been working great and I like having a day off (mentally).
Hope this helps.
Sihing Kichko
Muscles (your body) heal and build while you are at rest.
When you are doing weight bearing, stretching and resistant exercises, you are making small tears in the muscles that require rest to heal and build. If there is no rest, there little chance of complete recovery.
Burn is good... pain is not. My advice after 12 years in the fitness industry is rest, start back after a resting period with gentle stretching and 'slowly' work your reps back up. (P.S. I was just speaking to my cousin who is a personal trainer on the phone, and she agrees.)
Patience... you'll be back to a hundred percent in no time!
Sifu McKinley
Post a Comment