So I'm realizing that we've been really spoiled so far.
We've been travelling in big cities with lots of other foreigners where many people speak at least a little english. The hostels were awesome and helpful and clean. Right now we're in Luoyang which is near the Shaolin temple which we're going to see today. This city is not like the others! It's dirty and very Chinese. We had an extremely difficult time trying to buy our ticket to get out of here yesterday. Our chinese is apparently so bad that noone could understand us and we couldn't understand them either. We were reduced to pointing at the words in our lonely planet and my mandarin phrasebook. It was really frustrating and also kind of lonely. i'm so grateful that Mel and I are together to make things like that so much less scary.
I can't wait to get to Wudang and start training. Traveling is fun but I'm used to getting more exercise and I'm feeling a bit out of sorts. It's also weird having such unstructured days. I don't think I like it. Luckily we will be there tomorrow. Yay!
2 comments:
Hang in there Brandi -- you and Mel can handle it.
We miss you so much here! It isn't the same with you gone. Everyone sends their love.
I miss you too! You have a very strong,positive presence that is distinctly missing at the kwoon. You are still an inspiration to me, especially when I don't feel like getting off the couch. I just remember your thirty days and I get moving.
Please keep telling us about your adventures, I can picture both of you telling the stories with each post.
Take care,
Sihing Kichko
Post a Comment