This is a pic I found online at www.wudanggongfu.com. It is a photo of Sifu Kris Olsvik training in China. The website is very interesting and has other photos of Kris if you're interested.
As the title of this post would indicate all is going quite well with my push-ups. I have done 150 each day since I last posted towards my goal of reaching 26000 in 6 months.
My wrist is actually holding up quite well considering. I switch between knuckles, fingertips, and regular push ups. A very nice girl from my work heard that my wrist was sore on Monday and gave me an old wrist brace that she hasn't been using so I sometimes put that on if I have to do a bunch in one go. It does help a lot.
My sister Melanie and I have started training for our upcoming trip to China. We figured that to get the most out of it we should be in great shape and completely on top of all our Kung Fu when we get there. We haven't set a date yet so we're not exactly sure when we're leaving but we're aiming for fall/winter. I personally want to be gone by November. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, My sister and I are going to China to train at the same school where Sifu Olsvik trained. Unlike him we'll only be going for 3 or 4 months not a whole year but I hope that we can learn a great deal and reach our potentials.
I've wanted to do Kung Fu in China ever since i started training all those years ago but it always seemed so far away. When Sifu Olsvik came back from his trip and told us all about it and I saw what an amazing improvement he'd gone through, I just decided I was going to go and asked my sister if she wanted to come. All of a sudden we're doing it!
I've found that in life you can plan and plan for something but there comes a point where you have to decide "Am I going to do this or not". Once you make that decision all the forces of the universe line up and nothing can stop you. This is one of those times for me and it's such a powerful feeling. I'd love to go through life feeling this confident and empowered all the time.
3 comments:
Hi, love your blog, so jealous (in a good way)that youre going to China to train. I noticed you have Donnie Darko as one of your favorites...read my blog for 3/14/08...you may like it :)
Deep bows
Des boo ngoh
You're going to China??? I am so excited for you. What an awesome experience that will be.
Wow! That's awesome that you're going to China! Yay! Good luck with your push-ups!
Post a Comment