I've been putting off this starting a blog thing for a while now. How like me to feel nervous about something and decide to just avoid it all together for a while.
One reason for holding off I think is the fact that I'm a very private person. Although I'm friendly and enjoy most people, it takes a really long time to get to know me. I have friends I've known since high school who've never seen the real me.
Another reason for not blogging before is the belief that I couldn't really have much to say that is going to be that interesting to anyone but me.
After reading all the other blogs though, I realized how wonderful it is to learn more about these people I've known for years but only in one setting. Also, there are some wonderful insights out there on a variety of topics. We're a thoughtful group!
Not sure exactly what to talk about. I'm sure my blog won't resemble Sifu Robertson's. I'm not likely to post anything about Aristotle. I don't spend much time thinking about classical literature and the like. Hopefully I can keep any readers entertained in my own way.
I just finished reading Sihing Prince's blog and his plan for attacking those 26000 pushups. He's got it all figured out and I know how hard of a worker he is and that although this will challenge him, he'll "git 'er done". I'm really inspired by all of the brown belts who've achieved this goal. The push ups are hard but also just being dedicated and writing every single one down is a big challenge.
I've been struggling with my own push-ups lately. An old wrist injury from snowboarding keeps flaring up whenever I go really hard on the push-ups and as a result I've noticed a decrease in the number I can do in one go and my arm strength in general. It's so frustrating to feel yourself sliding backwards, especially when you see your students improving on that very thing. As a result I've decided to do the 26000 too! I might be crazy because I don't actually have to do it but I think it's a good way to discipline myself into taking action.
Yep, here I am being accountable and although I don't have to hand mine in to Master Brinker I'm still going to write them down because I think that's a really important part of the exercise.
So if you guys are having a hard time with your push-ups, let me know. I'll be going through the same thing so maybe I can help.
That's all for now. I've got a dentist appointment and work so I'd better get going.
1 comment:
I know what you mean. I never thought that anyone would be interested in what I was writing. It's pleasantly surprising. I'm so glad you started a blog!
Post a Comment