Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm sitting in my room with a cold today. I hate having a cold when it's hot outside but what can you do? I've got some vitamin C, lemon and honey, Vicks vaporub, and a huge pile of used tissues; Should be feeling better soon. It comes (as always) at an inconvenient time because I recently set a goal for myself to do 124 bridges (from standing position you bend backwards and put your hands on the ground) by the end of August. It works out to about 5 each training day with a few less on Wednesdays (half day) and though I managed to squeeze out 3 yesterday in spite of the cold, I think today will be a bust. Luckily, I started 2 days early so I got a bit of a head start and I have some breathing room. A month or so ago when we did our stretching test, I was one of only 2 people who didn't pass on the bridge because I couldn't get my hands close enough to my feet. I decided to do some extra work on it but it was hard to motivate myself because...well..it's hard. I suddenly realized the other day that I've done this kind of thing once or twice before and I have the perfect method for setting goals that are clear and measurable, making it public, and not quitting. So 124 bridges it is. I sure have learned a lot from Shifu Jeff Brinker. My advice to everyone in the UBBT now.....listen to him, he's done this before and he knows what you're going through.

No comments: