Friday, July 13, 2012

I just got back yesterday from a whirlwind trip to Shanghai to renew my passport. I left Monday afternoon, took the overnight train, stayed 2 nights and then another overnight train back. It was pretty crazy and I didn't have a lot of time there for much fun stuff but I did enjoy eating some delicious baked goods. Overall I found Shanghai really expensive (more than any other city in China) with not much to do. It was scorching hot though, otherwise I may have walked around a bit more. The food was also expensive though of a pretty good quality. I enjoyed a bagel with cream cheese and a beet juice on the side, butter croissants, and a lovely ciabatta sandwich with a yummy belgian beer to go with it. Everything else was...meh.

Glad to be back but still a bit worn out from so much travel in such a short time. We're starting ba xian gun (eight immortals staff) this week so I'm looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Jeff Brinker said...

Even an update concerning your passport is welcome news from you. This life altering journey you are on continues to inspire all of us. I really appreciate you consistently sharing it.