Thursday, July 28, 2011

well I missed writing last week but there's not too much to say anyway. Summer has gotten really hot again, more like what I remembered from last year and the school is busier than it's ever been before. I think this puts everyone around here a little on edge but overall we seem to be enduring it with relative patience. It's almost August which means another month or so of this and things will calm down and return to some semblance of normalcy. One thing that's quite exciting is the new form we'll start learning tomorrow: Tai chi straight sword. I've watched several students come learn this form and I've often been envious of them. It's a really beautiful form that combines two things I've fallen in love with over these past 2 years, straight sword and tai chi. I also think it's a perfect way to spend the second half of the summer.

A few weeks ago was my birthday which we celebrated well. I got many messages from folks at home and it really meant a lot to me that so many people were so kind. Thanks everyone!

No comments: