Monday, June 13, 2011

I have really had a terrible week. There's not one thing that happened but lately one thing after another has built up and this week was just the pinnacle of crappiness.... and it's not even over yet. The worst thing of all is that about half of our class feels really down and depressed about our training lately but no one feels like they can go to Shifu with their problems. He has been really distant and also harsh this week and he has zero patience for any of us. It's really sad. I feel so full of doubt, maybe the worst I've felt since I got here. It's not just that I'm tired, though I am, I like to train hard but it feels like most of what we've been doing is either a waste of time or taking us in a direction that I don't want to go. I've been really down in the dumps for days now and I've tried lots of different things to cheer myself up and stay positive but then I go to class and it all comes rushing back. I keep remembering how good I felt a few weeks ago before our schedule changed and it makes me so sad! I was so happy with my progress and now I feel like our entire class has taken about 10 steps backwards. I feel old, I feel tired, I feel alone, I feel bitter.... The only thing I can think of is just to try and wait it out, hopefully things will get better. I wish I had something else to look forward to. Right now all I can think about is how much I wish I was at home.

1 comment:

Sherri Donohue said...

I once heard a quote that when you feel "squeezed" with ickiness, there is much joy to be had once you are out of that "tunnel" much like childbirth. The birth is very uncomfortable, but once over there is overwhelming joy with the new arrival. Hang in there Sifu!