Thursday, May 20, 2010

Well, I did exactly what the doctor said I should do about my knees. No jumping for about 2 months and I've tried really hard to pay attention and if something doesn't feel good, I stop. It really paid off too because now my knees are feeling better and better, they're definitely healing. Last week they were quite sore and I thought I was going backwards for my recovery but this week they've been feeling stronger and stronger. My stances are back to where they were before the injury, I can do small jumps without pain, and I'm running farther and faster than I've been able to in a long time. I still make sure to stretch my quads (and consequently the tendons above and beside the knee) a lot, massage often, put my legs up the wall at the end of the day, and pay attention to what I'm doing. I think it won't be too much longer before I can do some serious jumping again and be completely knee pain free. yay! It's been frustrating but I'm so glad I decided to be sensible about training with this injury. Totally worth it.

No comments: