Friday, June 26, 2009

Honor

Around the time I started this blog I wrote a post about keeping promises to myself. I mentioned that I'd heard that every time you break a promise to yourself, you lose trust in yourself. I'd decided to rebuild that trust by purposely making and keeping promises to myself. Well it's been over a year since then and I notice a big difference in the way I act and feel.

I want people to know that if I say I will do something, I'll do it. I have proven to myself and others that I can be relied on to keep my word. The UBBT has helped me with this by forcing me to make a lot of sacrifices in order to do what I set out to do. This means a lot to me. I am much more honest and I approach things with more depth and seriousness than I did previously. I can no longer casually agree to something and then flake out later on. That would be dishonorable. Maybe it is an old fashioned concept but I think that I have regained some honor. I mean, who really has, or cares about, honor anymore? Not many people ever think about it. I do though and it's something that becomes more and more important to me every day.

On a side note, I want to thank Sifu Brinker for helping me put things in perspective last week. You are one of the most honorable people I have ever met.

2 comments:

Khona said...

Hear Hear!!

Darnell McKinley said...

I like your train of thought... I think I will add this to my remaining UBBT and beyond..
Thanks for sharing