Thursday, January 15, 2009

mmmmmmmm

January 16th already?

It seems like I just got to China but my time here is almost over! In about 3 weeks Mel and I will be home in Canada(Jiananda)again. I feel like I've learned so much and improved a lot but at the same time there's still so much room for growth. My stances especially could be lower. I had a dream the other night that I was in class and doing forms and our instructor gave me a hard time for not having low enough stances. He asked 'how long have you been training for? your stances should be perfect by now'. I'm not exactly a dream expert but I figured I would take it at face value and work on my stances anyways.

As far as the UBBT goes, I'm doing fairly well. Keeping up with my push-ups and sit-ups. I'm already ahead on the mileage and I get some more running in almost every day. I'm looking forward to being at home and sharing the experience a little more with the other members, sometimes I feel a little out of the loop over here in China.

I'm interested to get home and see if my improvements are noticeable to my classmates. I wonder if our one hour classes will seem strange after training for 2-3 hours 2 times a day.

I'm also really excited to eat western food! I like Chinese food as much as the next guy but I get bored of eating it 3 times a day every day. Can't wait for spaghetti, salad, burritos, bbq'd veggies......mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

It has seemed like the time has flown by -- it will be good to have you back here. There is so much to hear, and so much to tell!

I like your dream interpretation. As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Not So Wicked Witch of the North West said...

yay! Brandi is home in a few weeks!!! i know it's probably sad for you, but i am selfishly excited to have you back. :)